You can print these off or I will give them to you on Monday.
Chapter 7 Study Guide
l Mount Sinai
l Lower Egypt
l Upper Egypt
l Sinai Peninsula
l Nile River
l Which two landforms give Egypt special protection and how?
l Describe each of the Egyptian seasons.
l Know the definitions of each of these:
n Rosetta Stone
l What is the ‘Gift of the Nile’?
l The desert that covers most of Egypt?
l The secretary to the ruler in a court?
l The king who united Upper and Lower Egypt?
l Large stone structure built as a tomb for King Khufu?
l First pharaoh?
l Only woman pharaoh?
l Bible character who became a vizier?
l Most famous pharaoh tomb?
l Reasons Egypt declined in power?
l Area near Thebes where tombs of many pharaohs have been found?
l Second largest continent?
Lesson 5 and 6 Study Guide
1. What is the smallest unit of a chemical?
2. What is the recommended amount of water you should drink each day?
3. What is dehydration?
4. What is a simple carbohydrate and examples?
5. What is a complex carbohydrate and examples?
6. What are proteins made of?
7. How many essential amino acids are there?
8. What is the difference between saturated and unsaturated fats?
9. Which one is better for you?
10. What are trans fats?
11. What type of breads are better for you?
12. Be able to give 4 examples of foods containing each vitamin, calcium, iron, and iodine (only one).
13. What is the name of the system that includes your nose, trachea, and lungs?
14. What do we call the water vapor in the air?
15. Be able to walk me through the steps that the air takes between entering your body and the blood. Be able to list all parts of the pharynx and other major pieces to the system.
16. What are holes in your head that make it lighter and continue the warming, moisturizing, and filtering of air?
17. Pink projection hanging down from your soft palate is the ?
18. How does your voice box work?
19. List four things that can happen to a smoker’s respiratory system.
20. Be able to show Miss Dial the Heimlich Maneuver.